All in the Diocese are invited to attend a conference on "How to Have a Welcoming Church," to be held on Saturday, 23 April, at the Castletroy Park Hotel, Limerick, from 10.00am to 4.30pm. The cost is €20 per person and covers lunch and coffee breaks.
Below is the tentative schedule for the day:
- 10.00 am Arrivals, Registration and & Coffee
- 10.30 am Opening Prayer, Welcome & Introduction by Bishop
- 11.00 am Input Speaker 1 - possibly Rev Simon Lumby (Killarney) followed by discussion in small groups with feedback facilitated by Speaker
- 12.30 pm Lunch
- 1.30 pm Input Speaker 2 - Canon Roland Heaney (Rector of Dunganstown Group, Co. Wicklow) to share "The Redcross Parish Story" followed by discussion in small groups with feedback facilitated by Speaker
- 3.00 pm Input Speaker 3 - Rev Michael Cavanagh (Rector of Kenmare) to share " The Kenmare Parish Story" followed by discussion in small groups with feedback facilitated by speaker.
- 3.45 pm Closing Worship & Close
- 4.30 pm Finish
Booking essential by telephone (087-2907553), text, or email to Edward Hardy by Wednesday, 20th April. Members of the Adare & Kilmallock Group may tell the Rector, Liz Beasley, of their desire to attend, and she will pass on the word to Edward Hardy.